Release date, trailer and new details of major patch 6.4 for MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV - Final Fantasy XIV
Square Enix hosted the 77th Letter from the Producer Live, celebrating the major update 6.4 for the MMORPG Final Fantasy XIV. The update will be released on May 23, 2023 and will bring with it the next part of the raid, new quests of the main scenario and other innovations. This article contains all the information presented from the stream.
Patch 6.4 Trailer
Patch 6.4: The Dark Throne releases Tuesday, May 23rd. The update will continue the main storyline and introduce a new chapter, Tataru’s Grand Endeavor, which requires completing chapter 6.1 and the Sorrows of Werlyt challenge series.
What’s new in 6.4
- The Somehow Further Hildibrand Adventures quest will continue in patch 6.45.
- Weapon and tool upgrade requests will return in patch 6.45, where you can upgrade Manderville’s weapons and awesome tools.
- The unreal challenge in this patch will be against Zurvan in Containment Bay Z1T9. This Warring Triad challenge will replace the current Sophia challenge. A new dungeon, The Aetherfront, will be added for the main scenario, as well as a new challenge against Golbez in The Voidcast Dais. This challenge will also have an Extreme difficulty mode.
- The third and final chapter of the Pandæmonium raid series concludes the story with the Anabaseios level. The Savage Difficulty Mode will be available on May 30th, one week after the release of the patch.
- The second Mount Rokkon Variant/Criterion dungeon will be released in patch 6.45. There are three difficulty modes: Normal, Criterion and Criterion (Savage). Sil’dihn Subterrane is not required to unlock this new dungeon.
- In version 6.4, these Stormblood dungeons will add support for bots: The Sirensong Sea, Bardam’s Mettle, Doma Castle, Castrum Abania, and Ala Mhigo.
- There will be changes to professions in both PvE and PvP, as well as Frontline.
- In patch 6.45, an updated Blue Mage will appear. Its level cap will increase from 70 to 80, it will get new spells, equipment, enemies for the Masked Carnival, and new duties in the blue mage’s journal.
- Ocean Fishing and Sanctuary Island will receive improvements. Ocean fishing will get a new route to Coogan.
- Allagan Tomestone of Comedy will be the new currency for endgame content.
- Fairy glamors are now available to scientists (choices: Eos, Selene and Carbuncle).
- The maximum number of equipment sets will be increased to 100 for all characters, regardless of completing quests.
- Profession icons will now appear in the chat log and on player plates. Icons in the chat log will only appear in groups and alliances.
- The transaction fee for items sold on the market board can now be included in their total price displayed in the Total section.
- Goggles and wing mods will now show up when fighting in the open world.
- Items stored in various locations can now be selected when applying glamor in the inn room.
Equipment for Allagan Tomestone of Comedy:
Basically, the team made balance adjustments to the damage dealt by each role. As a result, there were no large-scale changes in patch 6.4.
- The range of several group buffs has been increased to 30 yalms. Basically, these are buffs for abilities that increase damage dealt or decrease damage taken.
- Improvements have been made to the usability of some skills. Paladin’s Atonement will no longer interrupt combos when cast.
- Dragoon’s Jump and High Jump skills will no longer affect the character’s position determined by the server. In line with this change, both skills can now be performed while linked.
- PvP Series 4 will start in Patch 6.4, just like Season 7 in Crystalline Conflict. Beginning in Season 7, players who rank in the top 100 or rank Diamond and above will receive additional rewards, including an item that allows you to apply an effect to a hellhound weapon.
- Frontline will have a new user interface element that displays the match time and score. Changes have been made to limit fill rates/damage dealt/damage taken based on each profession (changes to existing Frontline modifiers).
- Daily Challenge: Frontline will now reward streak experience. Borderland Ruins (Secure) will be temporarily unavailable.
- The rules in The Fields of Glory (Shatter) have been adjusted. Please note that the map has changed a lot.
- In Shatter, data acquisition (points) has been adjusted as follows: Allagan Thomelites have been removed and therefore can no longer be occupied for data acquisition. Large and small ice tomelites will now respawn. The data received for defeating other players has not changed.
Challenges, raids and equipment
Demonstration of The Voidcast Dais challenge against Golbez from patch 6.4.
- Weapon design for tanks inspired by a weapon design contest.
- Weapons of the Reaper, Bard, Machinist and Dancer from the weapon design contest.
- Weapons of the Black Mage, Summoner, Red Mage and White Mage from the Weapon Design Contest.
- Weapons of the Scientist, Astrologer and Sage from the weapon design competition.
The Blue Mage’s new weapon is an unopened umbrella.
- New sets of equipment developed by the development team.
- Pandaemonium raid demo: Anabaseios.
- As previously stated, Savage difficulty mode will be released one week after the release of patch 6.4. The quest to unlock will become available without the need for maintenance.
- Savage Raid Rewards have been adjusted to make adjustments to Treasure Chests obtained from Anabaseios (Savage). Chests will not drop duplicate armor for the same slot. Body gear can be earned in Anabaseios: The Eleventh Circle.
- At the end of each encounter in Anabaseios (Savage), one treasure chest appears (the number of rewards has not changed compared to previous levels). The reward will be reduced if 1 to 4 players have already completed the task, and there will be no reward at all if 5 or more players have completed it.
- Exchange rates in Anabaseios Mythos have been softened a bit. Yoshida says there are many games coming out soon (not just FFXVI), so they don’t want you to feel locked into Final Fantasy XIV. However, they are going to keep this course in the future.
A demonstration of some of the Pandaemonium Anabaseios raid equipment:
- Sanctuary Island will have new titles, visions, wilderness gathering places, building sites, item rewards, materials, crafting items, crops, animals, isleworks crafting items and buildings.
- Outdoor furniture can be placed next to buildings, with a maximum of 90 slots unlocked through play. Special furnishings such as punching dummies and gardens are not supported.
- Furnishings from your inventory can be placed on your island as glamors. (Items placed as glamors will be bound to you, but will not be consumed. Thus, multiple enchantments can be applied to one item).
- Island prisms can be used to register furnishings, allowing you to place them even if they are not in your inventory (note that registration binds them to you). In the future, the number of island prisms obtained by crafting items will be increased. You can also paint furnishings.
Variant and Criterion Dungeons
- The new dungeon is called Mount Rokkon. This is a level 90 casual dungeon for 1-4 players. There are no restrictions on roles, change of profession is allowed. The strength of the enemy is determined by the size of the group, and your route depends on your actions.
- You will explore the secrets of Mount Rokkon together with a certain person. Depending on the path you choose, you will get different stories, so you need to go through several times in order to see all the options.
- Depending on your role, you will have different special skills (Variant Actions) that you can use.
- The Criterion Dungeons are a hardened 4-player party challenge that must include a tank, a healer, and two DPS. Visually, they are similar to the Variant version, but the structure / forces of the opponents are completely different, and the route is predetermined. The NPC will not be here.
- Another Mount Rokkon will limit normal resurrection methods, but each player can use a certain number of respawns. Other special skills are not available here. Defeated enemies do not respawn after the group is destroyed.
- In Another Mount Rokkon (Savage), all resurrection methods and special skills are prohibited. All defeated enemies will respawn after the group is destroyed, and the enemies will become stronger if they are not defeated within a certain time.
Rewards from Mount Rokkon:
Equipment, mounts, minions and housing
New furnishing items from the 2019 Design Contest:
New crafting equipment:
New mounts and minions:
- The North American Fan Fest will be streamed live on YouTube and Twitch. Details later.
- Fanfest attendees in all regions will have the opportunity to try the new challenge earlier. The Gilded Araya special battle will be added to the game at a later date.
- The 6.4 patch notes will be streamed live on May 23rd at 9:00 am ET. The voice acting will be in Japanese only.
- The Immerse Gamepack FFXIV Edition version 2.0 update will use an artificial intelligence algorithm to create smoother audio transitions when changing directions. Improvements to the sound library will bring additional depth and clarity to ambient sounds.
- Pre-orders for Final Fantasy XVI are now available. The release will take place on June 22, 2023.
- Prior to the launch of Final Fantasy XVI, the team will hold an event in Los Angeles. There will be a live broadcast similar in tone to the live broadcast of Final Fantasy XVI. At some point, there will be a demo, but so far the developers cannot share the date.
- The producer of Final Fantasy XVI expects the producer of Final Fantasy XIV to share the details of the collaboration after people play Final Fantasy XVI.
- The tenth anniversary of A Realm Reborn is also approaching, and other collaborations have been announced to celebrate.
- The next broadcast of Letter from the Producer Live will take place during the Las Vegas fan festival in July.